Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
  • Hablamos Español
  • Ми говоримо українською
  • Мы говорим по-русски
  • Wir Sprechen Deutsch
Home / Practice Areas / Victims of Domestic Abuse (VAWA)

Victims of domestic abuse (VAWA)

Victims of domestic abuse (VAWA)If you have been a victim of a crime or domestic abuse in the U.S., you may be eligible to apply for a special type of immigration status available to victims. The Violence Against Women Act (“VAWA”) created two most common types of visas for crime victims: “VAWA petitions” and “U visas”. Both can lead to legal permanent residence, and eventually citizenship for individuals who may have no other options to apply for legal status in the U.S.

If you believe you have been the victim of a crime, please call to schedule your consultation today at (843) 986-4684.